Girls Minis Rugby
Did you know…
- More than 18,000 women and girls play rugby regularly in England
- England Women won the Rugby World Cup in 2014 after beating Canada 21-9 in Paris, France
What about You?
- Ready to tackle a new sport?
- Want to get fit?
- Want to meet new people and play sport for fun?
- Want to feel good?
- Want to play a sport at county level?
Why you should play rugby
- ‘Tag rugby’ is a beginner format of the game, aimed at getting players involved in the sport by using tag belts rather than contact tackles. Training sessions involve games to practice different skills whilst having fun, running about and most importantly having lots of fun. It’s a fast paced game where you can tag to defend and break the opposition’s rhythm and run toward the try line or race, side step and pass to score.
- In rugby, every single player on the pitch has a role to play. Constant support to each other is necessary to succeed, hence the development of team spirit. Solidarity is a key value in rugby, on and off the pitch.You will bond over your experiences, tell stories about your best games. There is a great social aspect to playing rugby as well – a rugby club is like a family where you are sure to get friends for life!
- Rugby is a mental and physical game. You’ll play in all conditions, you’ll develop your confidence as well as communication skills, since communication is vital to play well. Playing rugby makes you feel fast, agile, and strong, you’ll run onto the pitch to do something incredible. It will make you stronger, more resilient, and downright unstoppable!
- The Eagles at Effingham and Leatherhead Football Rugby Club have mixed teams from u6s to u11s and we are launching an u7s to u11s girls only rugby section. Training will be on Sunday mornings at the King George V playing fields, Browns Lane in Effingham.
- You don’t need any experience and you don’t need to fit any mould, so come and have a go
- Pitch up and play day
- Attend Summer Training Camp
- Book up early for next season for an early bird discount?