Annual General Meeting
The importance of the AGM for members is that they can raise issues with the Board and meet the Board to see who is involved. You can vote for new Officers, as necessary, rather than just leaving it to the dedicated few.
We would also like to inspire parents and players to come forward to help shape the future of the Club.
At the AGM
(1) the Chairman on behalf of the Management Board shall produce the Annual Report describing the Club’s activities since the last AGM;
(2) the Treasurer will present the audited Annual Accounts for the last financial year (which ended on June 30 of the last financial year);
(3) the meeting shall elect the Officers and such Ex-officio posts as are decided to be necessary by the Management Board for the effective running of the Club and includes:
President, Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, Honorary Secretary, Director of Rugby, Senior Section Representative, Junior Section Chairman, Mini Section Chairman, Safeguarding Officer, Sponsorship & Promotion Manager, Social Secretary, Facilities Manager, Marketing & Communications Manager
(4) the meeting shall appoint an Auditor for the new financial year;
(5) the meeting will conduct any general business, including consideration of any special resolutions placed before the meeting.
(6) the AGM may amend the rules by two-thirds of the votes cast.
All members may attend the AGM in person. The bar will be open.
To find out more about the Effingham and Leatherhead RFC Rules